The following checklist will give your business an insight into whether your existing hotel program can be improved or leveraged to deliver further cost savings.
Does your existing hotel program or travel manager:
- assess your room night volumes to leverage your rate negotiations?
- look at the trends in where your people stay to determine whether there are more cost effective alternatives that are just as convenient?
- negotiate on the total cost of your accommodation by including value-added services specific to your company’s requirements (eg. telecommunications, food and beverage, laundry etc), and delivering savings on incremental travel costs?
- monitor your organisation’s compliance to the hotel program by identifying leakage and lost opportunities for savings?
- produce year-on-year rate comparisons, including city average reports?
- proactively benchmark your hotel rates against similar sized clients in the market to ensure your rates are competitive relative to current market conditions?
- instigate re-negotiations when your company’s specific hotel rates are found to be uncompetitive?
- provide professional recommendations based on extensive hotel knowledge and industry experience?
- create easy-to-use hotel directories featuring your company’s hotel program?
- ensure your company’s agreed rates are loaded into a consultant reservation system and online booking tool so they are accurate and accessible?
If you answer ‘no’ to any of these questions, contact FCm Travel Solutions now for advice on how to improve the overall effectiveness and value of your hotel program.